Monday 6 August 2012

Meditating with monks: day eight (and still in pain)

-->
 By Gabrielle Jackson
12.25pm: In my euphoria last night, I did not realise how much pain I was in. But I did notice it when I got into bed and my knees were throbbing in pain. I was in agony and could not sleep even though I was exhausted. So I got up, did some stretches and went back to bed. No luck. Still pain in my knees and all the way down the front of my legs. So I got up again and took two Paracetomol. They worked and I fell into a deep sleep. I didn’t hear the bells chime at 3.30am even though they chime very loudly for at least a minute and then the dogs howl too. Cassi saw my light wasn’t on when she was passing and came and knocked on my door.
The dawn session was hideous. I could barely walk, let alone meditate while walking. I was sore and grumpy and having great difficulty maintaining the effort of focusing on my breathing.
I was like a zombie at breakfast and then came back to my room, lay down and fell asleep immediately for almost two hours, thereby missing the first one-and-a-half hours of the morning session. And that wasn’t much better.
9.29pm: Today was disastrous. I could only sit for 15 minutes at a time by the end of the day. But something amazing happened nonetheless: I started having these visions and then my body jolted. Very weird.
10.34pm: Cassi just came in and we’ve been talking for an hour. She says ‘having visions’ and then ‘jolting’ is called dreaming and waking up, not reaching some higher plane of meditation. Damn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NuffnangX