Thursday 29 March 2012

Oh fuck it, says Alison Lidderdale

By Alison Lidderdale


I guess I am at the 'Oh fuck it' stage!

Things that mattered so very much are now addressed with either a way out or compromise, and that’s not the lazy solution. It often takes more of a challenge to address things, but, hey there is a result! Before, I didn’t always find a solution, and regrets on that - well I might have a few!

There is always a point when you just can't do any more: in the workplace before a big event, a major presentation or meeting. No matter how much you have tried to nail things, you have to pass things over and think, 'Well I have done my best.' The confidence to do that is there now - if people don’t know that one small detail is missing, will they ever find out?

It sounds sly but it's not. The realisation that if you are going to do a job and do it well you need to prioritise and be sure the important stuff is done first. It’s the same in day to day living. I am now probably over half way through a very colourful life, much of that has been lived disgracefully and why change it? All I want to do is be sure I stick to the theme. Priorities are important here too, saying no is tricky but it’s a good word in some instances. Rather than trying to do everything, why not commit to the first invitation and make it a blinding night? What’s the point of running ragged and not enjoying anything?

There are so may F words that mean so much: Focus, Fantastic, Feelings, and the F word remains my mantra for now.

Published as part of Not The Style Page's SpeedBlog series

No comments:

Post a Comment

NuffnangX